Pensky Marten Flash Point Tester
As per ASTM D-93, DIN 51758 , IP34.
Determines flash points of a wide range of products by a closed cup method with two option speed stirring of the sample. Extensively used in shipping and safety regulations for detection of contamination by volatile and flammable materials in fuel oils and lubricating oils, and for characterization of hazardous waste samples.
Smooth operating cover mechanism slides shutter open and applies test flame at the turn of a knob. Cover fits over brass test cup and includes pilot flame, test flame reference bead, built-in stirrer and plated brass thermometer ferrule.
Electrically heated model is equipped with a 750 W nickel-chromium heater with stepless variable control for accurate, repeatable temperature rate of rise settings per specifications. Heater unit is enclosed in a stainless steel housing with cooling vents. Includes line cord receptacle and switch for accessory slow speed stirrer.
Construction – made in stainless steel 304
Heater - 4 inch diameter caster iron hot plate.
Temperature controller – energy regulator temperature controller.
- The equipment consists of open cup.
- Heating air bath with energy regulator temperature controller.
- Gas regulator.
- Test assembly with oil cup, gas ignition device & lifting handle for oil cup.
- Stirrer Motor Slow speed gear motor rotates stirrer of Pensky-Martens Tester at 115 RPM for Procedure A and at 250rpm for Procedure B. Includes adjustable support bracket and mounting rod. Installs in base of flash tester
- Cover Assembly Complete assembly. Includes shutter, flame exposure device, stirrer and thermometer ferrule.
- ASTM 9C Thermometer temp. Range of -5.0 to 110.0 deg.
- ASTM 10C Thermometer temp. Range 90.0 to 370.0 deg
- Power supply : 230 volt AC. 1 phase, 50Hz.